"I am at a loss to conceive how a man should permit himself to write anything that would be truly disgraceful to a woman, or why a woman should be censured for writing anything that would be proper and becoming for a man."

16 March 2011

Edit Me!

This cry echoes through the upper cabinet of my desk, amplified by its metal casing. One of my novels sits there in manuscript form, impatiently awaiting my (semi)daily edit session. Braintrust that I am, I decided to participate in National Novel Editing Month about a week into the month. We're now at the halfway mark and I'm not even at 25% dedication. I participated just because I though it would get me back on the novel horse, exposing some of the major flaws in this series and hopefully present remedies to some of them…
OK, honestly, I hoped it might inspire my writing brain again, and as of yet my imagination is barren as Frodo’s lips in Mordor.
So yes, I’m writing a blog entry about the difficulty of editing and writing, which eats up time I could be using to do either of these things. Trouble is my brain can’t seem to reconcile itself to achieving the necessary concentration for editing or writing creatively. Thus, I plug away at this little blog so I at least feel as though my productivity isn’t ranking entirely in negative numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Like This:

none