"I am at a loss to conceive how a man should permit himself to write anything that would be truly disgraceful to a woman, or why a woman should be censured for writing anything that would be proper and becoming for a man."

07 September 2013

Acknowledging Small Progressions...

In hopes that I can start complimenting myself on the little victories that lead to better productivity, instead of focusing on what I didn't accomplish. 

Because on the surface, I could tell myself that I spent the majority of my day on the computer, in front of my TV, watching Harry Potter. Sure, that is a summation of what occurred, but damn, isn't that horribly depressing?
(Yes. Yes it is.)

So here's what I actually did today:
Caught up on emails and twitter before really getting out of bed.
Did dishes, cleaned out the fridge, wiped down the counters, made fridge-pantry-cleaning mac n cheese.
Cleaned up the living room, took out the trash & recycling, got and sorted/read the mail from the week.
Arranged to have dinner with my former roomie later this week.
Arranged to go see a kickass movie with a new friend tomorrow afternoon.
Spent time planning blog posts for the book series, put in a bit of twitter and tumblr time on the series' social media.
Responded to 10 inquiries on the writing advice site I work as an administrator on.
Joined 8tracks -- will explore more later, but at least I have the music from Hannibal playlist saved.
Caught up on Under the Dome (Barbie, NOOOOOO!) and Graceland (between that and the series finale of Burn Notice, Thursday is going to be a very intense evening).
Went to the grocery store for essentials and gas money.

So yeah, I think I actually won the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Like This:

none